Effective date: August 19, 2020
The goal of this page is to set expectations between EthicalAds and our publishers about what is expected on each side. Our goal is for these to be easily understandable and fair, but we're always happy to have feedback on these terms.
All publishers agree that their ad display meets these terms prior to enabling paid ads on their site. We will do an initial review of the ad display, but we expect publishers to stay within these guidelines at all times.
We have the following rules around display of our ads:
- Our ad should be the only ad on your site
- The ad should appear when the user first visits, above the fold, on both desktop and mobile. You can disable the ad on mobile if this isn't possible.
- You are welcome to display a different ad as a fallback if EthicalAds doesn't have a paid ad to show.
- The ad placement should result in at least a .1% CTR (click-through rate). If your CTR falls below this, we'll work with you to improve the placement.
We handle payouts once a month, with a minimum payment of $50. Our goal is to get payment to our publishers by the 15th of the month, with the payment being the balance at the end of the prior month.
We currently support payouts via the following methods:
- Bank transfer (Wire transfer)
Ad Display Validation
We reserve the right to validate that the traffic on your site looks authentic. Prior to issuing payouts, we will review all traffic for each publisher, and alert the publisher if we find any traffic that looks inauthentic.
We already invalidate different types of traffic automatically, which won't be counted as a paid ad view:
- Known bot user-agents
- Users with IP addresses we can't geolocate
- Users with IP address that map to known hosting providers, VPN's, and web proxies
We are regularly tweaking our ad fraud detection in response to new challenges, and we're happy to work with publishers to make sure our ads work for them.